Liebster Time :-)

So it was just a month ago that I read about the Liebster Award and found it interesting. I mean it definitely is a good initiative to introduce new bloggers to the network and encourage them to blog more! J Thanks to Veturisarma who has nominated me in the first place. Hope you flourish in the blogging network going forward. :-D
As a rule, I will have to first answer the questions prepared by my nominator and then prepare the next set of questions for those who I am going to nominate. Time to roll-up my sleeves to answer!
Which character from any work of fiction you can identify yourself the most with?
 
·      My list of favourite fictitious characters is longer than any essay I had ever written. The one I can closely relate myself to would be “Mei” from Totoro. Not that I look anything like that now but as a kid, may be about Mei’s age, I was like that. Inquisitive, cute, naive and sweet J
 
What is your most favourite movie and why?
·      It is very difficult to say that one movie would be the best and nothing can beat it ever. I can only say that of the recent movies my favourite one has been Gravity. I really like the simplicity yet very engaging part of it. Beautifully made movie with absolutely zero nonsense along with zero gravity. :-D
What is your reading frequency?
·      I used to read a lot until the corporate world sucked me into its ocean of busyness. My last book was on Inferno. Very soon to start “The Cuckoo is Calling”, considering my great affinity towards Harry Potter. In short, about once in two months I open a new book.
What is the greatest challenge you face in writing?
·      The greatest challenge anyone could possibly ever face would be the presentation aspect. Writing a review or an experience is easy but the way you present it to capture readers’ attention is where the actual challenge lies. And of course, that is how an author like J. K. Rowling refurbished herself from rags to riches literally.
What makes you want to read a book? It’s blurb? Review from a person you like? Cover Page? Author’s previous works?
·      It’s both the review from a credible person and the author’s previous works. But there were times at airports where I bought the books judging by its cover page and mini-synopsis at the end. And trust me, it did not work out well so I would still prefer the first two options that I mentioned initially. :-P
What are your reading patterns?
·      I prefer being a one-time reader. I don’t feel like putting the book down before actually analyzing the entirety of the book.
How do you fight blogger’s block?
·      Unfortunately, the blogger’s block syndrome is inevitable. Blogging is more by choice and when we have priorities such as work and personal engagements, we tend to sideline blogging. However, setting up realistic expectations can help us fight the block. For example, I aim to post one blog a week and this is very much plausible unless I am travelling which is a rarity in my case. Another way to create the interest is by selecting a topic during the week so that you know what you plan to write on rather than groping in the dark on the weekend.
Do you think setting yourself a target works in writing?
·      Yes and No depending on what you are blogging for. But I have observed that my blog materializes really well when I actually do not set a deadline. I sometimes just have an urge to write it and it comes from the heart directly so the words make perfect sense to me then. However, my blogger viewers are same be it blogged on a deadline or spontaneously.
How important do you think grammar is in writing? Especially in English?
·      It makes a lot of difference when your language is simple and yet sufficiently equipped with good diction and phrases. I understand that the story is the most important aspect of writing but the style and language would magnify the beauty by many folds.
What time of the day is the most conducive for you to write?
·      Definitely after the luncheon on a weekend. This is the time when you are not eating/ shopping/ watching or listening to anything loud. It is a good time to sleep as well but then perfect time to be calm enough to compose your thoughts properly.
Now that the tough part is done, the following are bloggers I am going to nominate for introducing their interesting ideas to the world. Follow the steps below:
  1. Link back to the person's blog who has nominated you and convey thanks for giving the award.
  2. Answer all the questions posted by the nominator.
  3. Nominate 10 more bloggers whom you feel deserve of more subscribers; you pass the award on to them.
  4. Create 10 questions for the nominees.
  5. Contact the nominees and let them know that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
List of the bloggers who I nominate :-)
    ü  Isha Khanna à http://ishakhanna.blogspot.in/
    ü  Ritesh Agarwal à http://thirstydesires.blogspot.in/
    ü  Jayant Busi à http://jaynthbusi.blogspot.in/
    ü  Amrita à http://amrita1987.blogspot.in/
    ü  Pankti Mehta à http://panktimehta.blogspot.in/
    ü  Shilpa Jadhav à http://beingmommee.blogspot.in/
All the nominees, now answer to the questions below J
1)    What is your favourite place and why?
2)    What would be that one wild thing you intend to do in your lifetime?
3)    How do you define serenity? Illustrate with examples.
4)    If you were to ask only one question to an alien, what would that be?
5)    Light shades or dark colours? Reasons?
6)    What is your dream job?
7)    Describe your favourite birthday experience.
8)    Given a chance, what will you change about the planet earth?
9)    What do you do when you have absolutely free time?
10) What is it that you don’t like in someone?
And as always - Happy Blogging folks!! :-)

12 comments:

Ritesh Agarwal said...

Thank You Divya. I was so depressed today. You offered some smiles. :)

Here are my answers:


1) What is your favourite place and why?

Ans: I live in Calcutta and that’s where I would like to die. If you’re talking of a tourist destination, I have this urge to go to Scotland (Rowling also has her home there) and Paris.

2) What would be that one wild thing you intend to do in your lifetime?

Ans: I have already done a few wild things (like I touched a cobra on its hood in July this year and I stalked an unfriendly cat in my locality for a month). There’s parasailing that is still in my bucket list though.

3) How do you define serenity? Illustrate with examples.

Ans: Serenity is a state of mind. Some people find it in temples, some in beaches, some in their air-conditioned rooms. For me, serenity is reading a classic or a Harry Potter, serenity is taking a walk in a park with a friend for company, serenity is turning oblivion while watching Tendulkar bat.

4) If you were to ask only one question to an alien, what would that be?
Ans: Do you make movies on humans?

5) Light shades or dark colours? Reasons?
Ans: Again, depends. Mostly dark colors, especially black which I feel has a charm of its own. It is mysterious, often associated with death and horror. Of late, I am getting drawn towards white, but I don’t see it dislodging black from the throne.

6) What is your dream job?
Ans: I am doing my dream job. It’s writing.

7) Describe your favourite birthday experience.
Ans: Last year, I met a friend of mine on my birthday. That was a great moment. She stole my heart that day. You see, I as meeting her for the first time.

8) Given a chance, what will you change about the planet earth?
Ans: That’s a tough question. I wonder what God must be thinking right now. I guess if I were given a rein for a day, I may have tried to tinker with the greenery bit.

9) What do you do when you have absolutely free time?

Ans: I answer the 10 questions which a Leibster trophy comes with. Incidentally, this happens to be my 10th Leibster award. It implies that I would be completing a century of questions there. Looks like, people think I have got plenty of free time. :P

10) What is it that you don’t like in someone?
Ans: Hypocrisy, Duplicity, snootiness and more than anything what I really dislike about someone is that he/she doesn’t read at all, or reads only occasionally (a book every two months) :P

veturisarma said...

Thanks for answering the questions. I enjoyed reading your answers. Keep writing

Divya Khanna said...

@ Ritesh: Congratulations on your 10th Liebster!!! And thank you for explicitly disliking me for the right reasons..Even I wish to read often :-(

Vivek said...

Thank you Divya for nominating me for my second Liebster award. I will get to work on the questions really soon and keep u posted about it :-)

Nikhil said...

Congratulations Divya for the award! Your blog truly deserves one.
And I am not sure whether this is a coincidence or just a happy exchange,,,I already did nominate you for a liebster last week(I am yet to make the post public though,,so shshh!! keep it low :p) which was passed on to me by Bhavya Kaushik a couple of days back. I just missed nominating you for your 1st liebtser I guess..damn it :p

And thanks a ton for nominating me for the same. Much appreciated!:D

Isha said...

Thanks for nominating me! Will definitely write a post answering your questions! :P Btw, loved reading your answers :)

Vivek said...

Here is my response to your nomination http://vivexperiment.blogspot.com/2013/11/250th-edition-what-goes-around-comes.html

you might want to read this :-)

and thanks again

jaynthbusi said...

divya... thank you so much for sharing your award with me... :) please do visit my blog for the answers of questions that you've asked..
happy blogging :)

Unknown said...

Congrats Divya. And thanks for honoring me with this award :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Divya for the Award I am so sorry for being so late in my response . I dint see your comment up till now.

I will update my blog with the answers to the questions you asked :D

Nikhil said...

Please check & sorry for the huge delay! :)
http://aficionadolog.blogspot.com/2013/12/liebster-iii-iv-v-d-d-d.html

sv said...

I am curious to get your answers to the questions you asked to fellow bloggers.

Powered by Blogger.